Arc Alloys Ltd are premium stockholders, manufacturers and suppliers of lap joint flanges for a diverse range of industries including oil and gas; petrochemical, filtration; refrigeration; refining; and the offshore industries.
- ANSI B16.5
- 47 Series A and B16.47 Series B
- API 6A
- API 17D
- BS EN 1092-1
- BS 4504
- BS 10
- Norsok L-005
- Bespoke to customer drawings / design.
- ASTMÂ / ASME A182 / SA182 F51 / F60 / 31803/ 1.4462
- ASTM / ASMEÂ A182 / SA182 F53/F55 / 32750 / 32760
- ASTMÂ / ASME A182 / SA182Â F44 / 31254
- ASTM / ASME / B564 / SB564 UNS NO6625 / Alloy 625 / Inconel 625
- ASTM / ASME / B564 / SB564 UNS NO8800 / Alloy 800 / Incoloy 800
- ASTM / ASME / B564 / SB564 UNS NO8810 / Alloy 800H / Incoloy 800H
- ASTM / ASME / B564 / SB564 UNS NO8811 / Alloy 800HT / Incoloy 800HT
- ASTM / ASME / B564 / SB564 UNS NO6600 / Alloy 600 / Inconel 600
- ASTM / ASME / B564 / SB564 UNS NO6601 / Alloy 601 / Inconel 601
- ASTM / ASME / B564 / SB564 UNS NO8020 / Alloy 20 / Carpenter 20
- ASTM / ASME / B564 / SB564 UNS NO2200 / Alloy 200
- ASTM / ASME / B564 / SB564 UNS NO2201 / Alloy 201
- ASTM / ASME / B564 / SB564 UNS NO6625 / Alloy 400 / Monel 400
- ASTM / ASME / B564 / SB564 UNS NO7718 / Alloy 718
- ASTM / ASME / B564 / SB564 UNS NO8825 / Alloy 825 / Incoloy 825
- ASTM / ASME / B564 / SB564 UNS NO10276 / Alloy C276 / Hastelloy C276
- ASTM / ASME / B564 / SB564 UNS NO6022 / Alloy 22 / Hastelloy 22
- ASTM / ASME / B564 / SB564 UNS NO10675 / Alloy B3 / Hastelloy B3
- ASTM / ASME / A182 / SA182 UNS NO8028 / Alloy 28 / Sanicro 28
- ASTM / ASME / B564 / SB564 UNS NO5500 / Alloy K500 / Monel K500
- ASTM / ASME / A182 / SA182 F304 / F304L / F304H
- ASTM / ASME / A182 / SA182 F316 / F316L / F316H
- ASTM / ASME / A182 / SA182 F321 / F321H
- Raised face
- Ring-type joint
- Flat face
A lap joint flange is virtually the same as a slip on flange except that it has a radius at the intersection of the bore and flange face. The lap joint flange is typically used in systems requiring frequent dismantling for inspection and cleaning and where the requirement to swivel flanges and to align bolt holes eases the installation of large diameter or stiff piping.
The key features of lap joint flanges include:
- Easy to rotate and allows for simple alignment of bolt holes.
- Made so that you can frequently dismantle flanges and pipes for inspection and cleaning.
- Need to be used with a matching stub end pipe
- Not suitable for high pressure applications
The main benefits of lap joint flanges are:
Protection from the liquid inside pipes makes the flange last longer and be more durable.
- The flexibility of lap joint flanges allows them to swivel around the pipe and make the lining up of flange bolt holes much easier.
- They are perfect for applications where frequent dismantling is needed.
- They can be moved and fixed very quickly saving labour time.
- Lap Joint Flanges can be made of cheaper materials than the pipe.
- They have better pressure holding capacity than slip on flanges.
How do you install a lap joint flange?
The lap joint flange consists of an interior section which is the same size as the pipe and an outer ring containing bolt holes. A couple of flanges are then placed face to face with a gasket between them and bolts are then used to secure the two rings together. The inner section of the pipe is the only part of the flange that comes into contact with the liquid being transferred. A stud pipe manufactured from the same material as the pipe is then welded onto the end of the pipe. The flange is then slipped onto the stub end before it is securely fixed into place.
Arc Alloys Ltd manufactures and supplies lap joint flanges in all sizes, specifications and material grades. Types of materials include carbon steel, alloy steel, stainless steel, cast iron, brass, aluminium, plastics and much more.
For more information about our extensive range of lap joint flanges and to answer any questions you may have then please get in touch and speak to one of our friendly and helpful team. We will be happy to assist you.