Arc Alloys Limited offers a large variety of products in Super Duplex Stainless Steel alloys such as tubing, seamless and welded pipe, butt weld fittings, flanges, pressure fittings and fasteners:
The first-generation duplex stainless steels were developed more than 70 years ago in Sweden for use in the sulfite paper industry. Called duplex because of its mixed microstructure with about equal proportions of ferrite and austenite, duplex stainless steels are a family of grades, which range in corrosion performance depending on their alloy content. The term â€œSuper Duplexâ€ was first used in the 1980â€™s to denote highly alloyed, high-performance â€œsuperâ€ duplex steel with a pitting resistance.
The combination of austenite and ferrite metals in the micro-structure state is what makes the super duplex stainless steel properties stand out. With the super duplex, the mixture is done in the ratio of 1:1. The metal is highly resistant to corrosion due to the Molybdenum and Chromium. Super Duplex Steel is made of three products the Molybdenum, Nickel, and Chromium.
What are the Stand-out Features of Super Duplex?
Among the many superior features of the super duplex stainless steel, the one that stands out the most is that it is resistant to corrosion. It can also handle temperatures of up to 150 degrees without experiencing corrosion or cracking.
BENEFITS OF SUPER DUPLEX STAINLESS STEEL
- High strength
- High resistance to pitting, crevice corrosion resistance
- High resistance to stress corrosion cracking, corrosion fatigue and erosion
- Excellent resistance to chloride stress-corrosion cracking
- High thermal conductivity
- Low coefficient of thermal expansion
- Good sulphide stress corrosion resistance
- Low thermal expansion and higher heat conductivity than austenitic steels
- Good workability and weldability
- High energy absorption
SUPER DUPLEX APPLICATIONS
- Heat exchangers, tubes and pipes for production and handling of gas and oil,
- Heat exchangers and pipes in desalination plants,
- Mechanical and structural components,
- Power industry FGD systems,
- Pipes in process industries handling solutions containing chlorides,
- Utility and industrial systems, rotors, fans, shafts and press rolls where the high corrosion fatigue strength can be utilized,
- Cargo tanks, vessels, piping and welding consumables for chemical tankers.
- High-strength, highly resistant wiring.
- Material : Super Duplex
- Common names: SDSS,32760,32750, ZeronÂ®100,SAF2507Â®,F53,F55
- Uns ( unified Numbering system ) : UNS S32760, UNS S32750
- Werkstoff : 1.4501,1.4410,
Arc Alloys ltd supplies Super Duplex in the following Product Forms:
- Seamless pipe to ASTM A790 and ASME SA790
- Welded pipe to ASTM A928 and ASME SA928
- Flanges to ASTM A182 and ASME SA182
- Fittings to ASTM A815 and ASME SA815
- Bar to ASTM A479 and ASME SA479
- Plate to ASTM A240 and ASME SA240
- We also supply special machined turned parts and bolting in Super Duplex made from several of the above product forms.
What do Arc Alloys Offer?
Here are lists of what Arc Alloys offer
• Superior machining capability
• Welding and fabrication services
• Welding duplex pipes
• Pipe, pipe fittings and flanges
• Welding consumables
And so much more.
Why Settle for Us
With over 30 years experience in the welding and fabrication industry, we offer genuine 24/7 technical advice. We understand that you might get issues after working hours and that is why we are always available to help you no matter the time of day. If you are looking for a company that will offer you the most robust super duplex material, Arc Alloys is the company for you.
Contact us for more information
Telephone: 01384 79695 / 01384 77211
Out of hours: 07973381528
Fax: 01384 79699