Swivel-ring flanges are used extensively in the offshore industries and for subsea applications. Arc Alloys can manufacture and supply swivel-ring flanges to exacting standards and they can be designed to suit any pressure rating.
One of the main features of a swivel-ring flange is that it allows a 360 degree rotation of an outer ring around a hub and this enables easy alignment of bolt holes when attaching to a standard flange. This is particularly important for subsea applications when there is only one diver available to align and set up the flange connection.
At Arc Alloys we can design swivel-ring flanges for a variety of size and pressure ratings; standard specifications being API 6A, ASME B16.5 and MSS SP-44. We can also custom-design swivel-ring flanges based on your specific requirements.
Swivel-ring flanges consist of an inner hub that is welded in place and an outer flange ring that is able to rotate freely. This makes swivel-ring flanges easier to install in difficult situations such as subsea applications. Swivel-ring flanges can reduce cost and increase safety in subsea scenarios and thatâ€™s why they are commonly used in the offshore industries.
- 3/8â€ â€“ 60â€
- ANSI B16.5
- 47 Series A and B16.47 Series B
- API 6A
- API 17D
- BS EN 1092-1
- BS 4504
- BS 10
- Norsok L-005
- Bespoke to customer drawings / design.
- ASTMÂ / ASME A182 / SA182 F51 / F60 / 31803/ 1.4462
- ASTM / ASMEÂ A182 / SA182 F53/F55 / 32750 / 32760
- ASTMÂ / ASME A182 / SA182Â F44 / 31254
- ASTM / ASME / B564 / SB564 UNS NO6625 / Alloy 625 / InconelÂ® 625
- ASTM / ASME / B564 / SB564 UNS NO8800 / Alloy 800 / IncoloyÂ® 800
- ASTM / ASME / B564 / SB564 UNS NO8810 / Alloy 800H / IncoloyÂ® 800H
- ASTM / ASME / B564 / SB564 UNS NO8811 / Alloy 800HT / IncoloyÂ® 800HT
- ASTM / ASME / B564 / SB564 UNS NO6600 / Alloy 600 / InconelÂ® 600
- ASTM / ASME / B564 / SB564 UNS NO6601 / Alloy 601 / InconelÂ® 601
- ASTM / ASME / B564 / SB564 UNS NO8020 / Alloy 20 / CarpenterÂ® 20
- ASTM / ASME / B564 / SB564 UNS NO2200 / Alloy 200
- ASTM / ASME / B564 / SB564 UNS NO2201 / Alloy 201
- ASTM / ASME / B564 / SB564 UNS NO6625 / Alloy 400 / MonelÂ® 400
- ASTM / ASME / B564 / SB564 UNS NO7718 / Alloy 718
- ASTM / ASME / B564 / SB564 UNS NO8825 / Alloy 825 / IncoloyÂ® 825
- ASTM / ASME / B564 / SB564 UNS NO10276 / Alloy C276 / HastelloyÂ®C276
- ASTM / ASME / B564 / SB564 UNS NO6022 / Alloy 22 / HastelloyÂ® 22
- ASTM / ASME / B564 / SB564 UNS NO10675 / Alloy B3 / HastelloyÂ® B3
- ASTM / ASME / A182 / SA182 UNS NO8028 / Alloy 28 / SanicroÂ®28
- ASTM / ASME / B564 / SB564 UNS NO5500 / Alloy K500 / MonelÂ® K500
- ASTM / ASME / A182 / SA182 F304 / F304L / F304H
- ASTM / ASME / A182 / SA182 F316 / F316L / F316H
- ASTM / ASME / A182 / SA182 F321 / F321H
- Raised face
- Ring-type joint
- Flat face
Swivel- Ring Flange Features
All of our swivel-ring flanges meet the API 6H specifications and are designed in full accordance with the latest ASME Pressure Vessel Code. Features include:
- The ability to supply for any size and pressure rating
- 360 degree rotation to enable easy alignment
- Availability for any flange specifications including MSS SP44, ASME B16.5 and API 6A
The design of swivel-ring flanges is crucial to cope with the pressures involves in subsea work. The effect of designs which have been undersized or too lightweight can often result in bent swivel rings and bending of bolts. This can cause the loss of gasket seating force and be costly to put right.
At Arc Alloys we apply stringent standards at the design stage to ensure that our swivel-rings can be relied upon to perform the task appropriately.
Swivel-ring flanges can be made from materials to suit any pipe network. Arc Alloys has many yearsâ€™ experience in manufacturing swivel-ring flanges in materials such as Carbon Steel, Duplex, Super Duplex, Stainless Steels, Nickel Alloys and other specialist materials. Great care is taken to ensure that our swivel-ring flanges meet all the necessary erosion and corrosion requirements.
We can also supply the relevant bolt sets for swivel-ring flanges.
To find out more about our extensive range of swivel-ring flanges and to get advice about sizes, specifications and material standards then please do not hesitate to contact us and speak to one of our expert team.