Arc Alloys Limited offers a large variety of products in Duplex Stainless Steel alloys such as tubing, seamless- and welded pipe, butt weld fittings, flanges, pressure fittings and fasteners:
Called duplex because of its mixed microstructure with about equal proportions of ferrite and and austenite, duplex stainless steels are a family of grades, which range in corrosion performance depending on their alloy content.
BENEFITS OF DUPLEX STAINLESS STEEL
- High strength
- A cost-effective alternative to austenitic stainless steel 316L.
- High resistance to pitting, crevice corrosion resistance
- High resistance to stress corrosion cracking, corrosion fatigue and erosion,
- Good sulfide stress corrosion resistance,
- Low thermal expansion and higher heat conductivity than austenitic steels,
- Good workability and weldability,
- High energy absorption.
DUPLEX STAINLESS STEEL APPLICATIONS
- Heat exchangers, tubes and pipes for production and handling of gas and oil,
- Heat exchangers and pipes in desalination plants,
- Pressure vessels, pipes, tanks and heat exchangers for processing and transport of various chemicals,
- Pressure vessels, tanks and pipes in process industries handling solutions containing chlorides,
- Rotors, fans, shafts and press rolls where the high corrosion fatigue strength can be utilized,
- Cargo tanks, piping and welding consumables for chemical tankers.
- Material : Duplex
- Common names: DSS,31803,32205,SAF2205Â®,F51,F60
- Uns( unified Numbering system ) : UNS S31803, UNS S32205.
- Werkstoff : 1.4462,
Arc Alloys ltd supplies Super Duplex in the following Product Forms:
- Seamless pipe to ASTM A790 and ASME SA790
- Welded pipe to ASTM A928 and ASME SA928
- Flanges to ASTM A182 and ASME SA182
- Fittings to ASTM A815 and ASME SA815
- Bar to ASTM A479 and ASME SA479
- Plate to ASTM A240 and ASME SA240
- We also supply special machined turned parts and bolting in Duplex made from several of the above product forms.