Arc Alloys Limited offers a large variety of products in 6% Moly (6MO) such as tubing, seamless- and welded pipe, butt weld fittings, flanges, pressure fittings and fasteners:
With its high levels of chromium, molybdenum, and nitrogen, 6 Moly alloys have excellent resistance to a wide range of chemicals and are especially suited for high chloride environments such as brackish water, seawater, pulp mill bleach plants and other high chloride process streams. They provide a cost-efficient alternative to nickel-based alloys and titanium.
- FLANGES – ASTM / ASME / A182 / SA182 / F44 / 6Mo / 1.4547 / 254SMO
- SMLS PIPE – ASTM / ASME / A312 / SA312 / UNS S31254 / 6Mo / 254SMO
- WELDED PIPE – ASTM / ASME / A358 / SA358 / UNS S31254 / 6Mo / 254SMO
- FITTINGS – ASTM / ASME / A403 / SA403 / UNS S31254 / 6Mo / 254SMO / F44
- BAR – ASTM / ASME / A182 / SA182 / F44 / 6Mo / 1.4547 / 254SMO
- PLATE – ASTM / ASME / A240 / SA240 / UNS S31254 / 6Mo / 254SMO
BENEFITS of 6% MOLY
- High resistance to pitting, crevice and general corrosion.
- Very high resistance to chloride stress corrosion cracking.
- 50% stronger than 300-series austenitic stainless steels.
- Excellent impact toughness.
- Excellent workability and weldability.
6% MOLY APPLICATIONS
- Seawater handling equipment; heat exchanger, cooling water pipes
- Pulp mill bleach systems; drums, vats and press rolls.
- Tall oil distillation columns and equipment
- Chemical processing equipment
- Food processing equipment
- Desalination equipment
- Flue gas desulphurization scrubbers
- Oil and gas production equipment
- Tanks and pipelines for various chemicals with high halide levels