Arc Alloys Ltd have been supplying blind flanges to the petrochemical, pipe engineering, public services & water works industries etc for many years and we have a full range of sizes and materials available including stainless steel, nickel alloy, titanium, carbon steel and many more.
- 3/8 60
- ANSI B16.5
- 47 Series A and B16.47 Series B
- API 6A
- API 17D
- BS EN 1092-1
- BS 4504
- BS 10
- Norsok L-005
- Bespoke to customer drawings / design.
- ASTM / ASME A182 / SA182 F51 / F60 / 31803/ 1.4462
- ASTM / ASME A182 / SA182 F53/F55 / 32750 / 32760
- ASTM / ASME A182 / SA182Â F44 / 31254
- ASTM / ASME / B564 / SB564 UNS NO6625 / Alloy 625 / Inconel 625
- ASTM / ASME / B564 / SB564 UNS NO8800 / Alloy 800 / Incoloy 800
- ASTM / ASME / B564 / SB564 UNS NO8810 / Alloy 800H / Incoloy 800H
- ASTM / ASME / B564 / SB564 UNS NO8811 / Alloy 800HT / Incoloy 800HT
- ASTM / ASME / B564 / SB564 UNS NO6600 / Alloy 600 / Inconel 600
- ASTM / ASME / B564 / SB564 UNS NO6601 / Alloy 601 / Inconel 601
- ASTM / ASME / B564 / SB564 UNS NO8020 / Alloy 20 / Carpenter 20
- ASTM / ASME / B564 / SB564 UNS NO2200 / Alloy 200
- ASTM / ASME / B564 / SB564 UNS NO2201 / Alloy 201
- ASTM / ASME / B564 / SB564 UNS NO6625 / Alloy 400 / Monel 400
- ASTM / ASME / B564 / SB564 UNS NO7718 / Alloy 718
- ASTM / ASME / B564 / SB564 UNS NO8825 / Alloy 825 / Incoloy 825
- ASTM / ASME / B564 / SB564 UNS NO10276 / Alloy C276 / Hastelloy C276
- ASTM / ASME / B564 / SB564 UNS NO6022 / Alloy 22 / Hastelloy 22
- ASTM / ASME / B564 / SB564 UNS NO10675 / Alloy B3 / Hastelloy B3
- ASTM / ASME / A182 / SA182 UNS NO8028 / Alloy 28 / Sanicro 28
- ASTM / ASME / B564 / SB564 UNS NO5500 / Alloy K500 / Monel K500
- ASTM / ASME / A182 / SA182 F304 / F304L / F304H
- ASTM / ASME / A182 / SA182 F316 / F316L / F316H
- ASTM / ASME / A182 / SA182 F321 / F321H
- Raised face
- Ring-type joint
- Flat face
Blind Flanges are one of the most common flanges that we supply at Arc Alloys Ltd and they are used extensively across a range of different projects and industries that involve high pressure and high temperature products.
They are used to seal off one pipe from another and are frequently used for pressure testing the flow of gas or liquid through a vessel or pipe.
Blind flanges can either be machine faced or plate metal faced and when they are manufactured they have all of the necessary bolt holes but no centre hole. This feature enables the flange to be used for closing off the ends of pipes and pressure vessels to prevent flow and it also allows easy access to the interior of a pipe or vessel once it has been sealed and needs to be reopened.
Depending on the project, blind flanges can sometimes be customised or machined to accept a selected size to which a reduction is being made. Reductions can either be threaded or welded depending upon the precise requirements.
Features of Blind Flanges
This is a summary of the main features of blind flanges:
- They are used to seal off the ends of pipes, valves and pressure vessel openings.
- They are able to cope with high internal pressure and bolt loading so they tend to be the most highly stressed of flange types.
- They can be supplied with NPT fittings which allow pressure test connections to be fitted.
Benefits of Blind Flanges
This is a summary of the main benefits of blind flanges:
- They are perfect for high pressure and high temperature scenarios.
- They allow easy access to the inside of the pipe or vessel if works needs to be done.
- They are available in a wide variety of sizes and materials and give plenty of options depending on the nature of the project.
At Arc Alloys Ltd we can supply you with raised face, flat face or RTJ facing blind pipe flanges. We have a wide range of sizes, specifications and material grades to select from so if you need any advice about blind flanges then please get in touch and speak to one of our expert team.